Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a sun behind the clouds

so often in life, you're "down".... in proper words- depressed, and maybe a little depraved while at it! and then something unexpected comes up.... and voila! things seem brighter all of a sudden!!!

like today. a most extraordinary thing happened... i'd been in some sort of depression for weeks now. god knows why, just in the mood for it, i suppose. and i hate myself when i'm like that; i fight with people, shut myself in my room, listen to sad songs, etc., etc. but today my mom changed it for me.... and how!

i was in college, trying to concentrate on the eastern dance competition when i felt my bag vibrating. discreetly i took my phone out to see mom had texted me!!! wonder of wonders!!!! she'd messaged to say that her favourite novelist was in town for a talk. once home, she literally hijacked me to the venue: we reached just on time. the talk was good in totality, but for a person more interested in the english script, certain references were incomprehensible! and then mom and i tried, nervously, to talk to the writer concerned, simply to see if he remembered any of those autographed books... second miracle of the day- he did!! once he saw his signature and a date, 34 years back, he remembered exactly whom he was talking to.

i don't know why i smiled from that moment onwards, i don't know what it was about a well-heard-of, but little-read writer that pulled me up from a state of perpetual frowns, but i want to thank that little bespectacled sun, who took his chance and shined out over my overcast days.

this piece of randomness is for m.mukundan, unaware though he might be of his effect, made me smile truly, in a long long while.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment