Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Come Sit by Me

Come sit by me when I watch the stars.

The moon may burn its way across the skies,

The cold winds shake the leaves

Sift through my loosened hair,

Your kiss may warm more than the cackling fire,

But come; sit by me when I watch the stars.


The softly falling rains, how they hold me close;

The same way you do. And to make me smile,

How you whisper into my hair.

But tonight the light falls on an empty space beside me,

And the sky is free of clouds.

The stars wink at the dying fire.


Tonight the moonlight falls on an empty space,

There is no one to hold me close,

No warm breath to heat the cold sobs in my heart.

Tonight I wish you were here with me,

To watch the stars wink at the dying fire.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful prose. Elven Runes: I demand you write a lot more! ; )

    ReplyDelete